Sunday, February 3, 2013

Before and After week



Look what our house was like last week! 



 We FINALLY dealt with the little dog pee-stained  carpets in all three upstairs bedrooms by purchasing wood laminate flooring.  It was installed this past Thursday.  That meant Tuesday night, instead of attending Civic Orchestra, I packed up books from shelves and knic-knacks from all three rooms.  Steve took the day off on Wednesday to move all the furniture out of the rooms (I helped with the big and/or heavy items before I left for teaching) and then he ripped up all the carpet and padding and molding.  THAT was a HUGE job that took him all day.  Steve and I worked until late that night – he prying up the evil carpet tack strips that line the edges of the floor and I pulling up the staples that were left in the floor from the padding.  




 Here are the rooms all ready for the flooring guys.  They said they thought it would be a two-day job but they were finished by 5:00 on Thursday.  So, Steve and I spent our 38th wedding anniversary moving furniture back into bedrooms.  And I spent all Friday afternoon returning books and knic-knacks.  On Saturday, Steve loaded up all the old carpet and molding and carpet tack strips into the truck and hauled them to the landfull.  It has been a physically exhausting week!  But, look at the results!  






Yes, those are new beds in our bedroom.  I just LOVE their old-fashioned look.  And, our 10-inch memory foam mattresses are divine.

We also recently purchased a new refrigerator.   

Now our stove and fridge match.  And, lookie what it can do…. Steve is sooooo happy.



2 comments:

  1. You guys did an amazing job! What a way to celebrate your wedding anniversary... I think you should take a vacation for all the hard work you did this past week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It. Looks. AMAZING!!! I can't believe how hard you guys worked, but boy was it worth it. And the fridge is gorgeous. I can't wait to come home and see it with my own eyes! How does little-miss-skitter-about like it? Do we need to get her some socks for her paws?

    ReplyDelete