Sunday, November 9, 2014

Autumn time

I took the Rock Bridge orchestra to hear the St. Louis Symphony on Friday.  It was called a "coffee concert" that started at 10:30 in the morning.  Unlike previous years when we attended short, hour-long "young person concerts", this was a full, two-hour performance and, instead of being attended by tons of school kids, this crowd was mostly old people - some REALLY old.  But, we heard some fabulous music by Sibeleus, Schumann, Grieg (his piano concerto), and Liszt.  And, they had free Krispy Kream donuts before the show! 



















The kids were so great.  They loved the longer format.
(anyone recognize Savannah Kitchen above??)

 After the concert, we made a brief stop at the St. Louis zoo so the kids could eat their sack lunches.  We had hoped for a longer stay but only had 30 minutes. 

















  I saw one of the students, Roman, kind of wandering aimlessly (he has some special needs) so I suggested he and I just sit by the fountain and eat our lunches since he had already told me he came to the zoo in the summer with his sister.  I didn't want to lose him in that brief thirty minutes.

 

 So, for 25 minutes, we ate and visited and enjoyed the beautiful autumn day.  Then, with just five minutes left, I started to visit with other students who had started to trickle back.  And, when we got on the bus and I called roll, Roman was not there!  I had LOST him in those five minutes!  Aak.    Fortunately, he didn't go far and we found him only after about 10 minutes of looking.  He had figured he wanted to see some animals and off he went.

It was a week of medical appointments - Monday was a mammogram and Thursday was my annual physical which included x-rays of my feet.  I have been having issues with my right Achilles tendon since early September and, while it doesn't really hurt any longer, it is still swollen.  So, the doctor wanted to see what was going on.  I haven't heard the results, yet.

Otherwise, it was just a regular old week.  My Netflix this week was "Who Killed The Electric Car?".  It was interesting.  Stupid big oil and auto industries!  It was grocery buying week.  We fed the sister and elder missionaries yesterday evening.  The weather has been just gorgeous.  I am loving this autumn.



No comments:

Post a Comment