Sunday, October 24, 2021

Sewing a Halloween costume

Our week started out with a camping trip to Washington State Park located about an hour south of us.  Temperatures were just right - not too hot but not too cold - there was an almost full moon in the sky, and we pretty much had the campground to ourselves.  Well, the basic campground that is.  The electric campsites had several sites full.  We had just one set of neighbors, another older couple, and they were nice and quiet.  The dogs were nice and quiet and we had a great Monday night and relaxed Tuesday morning



We got home Tuesday around lunch time, after stopping at Open Door Animal Rescue to pick up some more canned dog food and at Fenton Feed to buy a sack of millet for the bird feeder.  Once home, the quest to sew Beckie's Halloween costume began in earnest. As shown last week, this is the dress and next to it is Beckie's finished dress.  I worked on it each day and finished it yesterday (Saturday).  



Friday Larkin came over for the morning.  My string quartet has a performance coming up mid-November and some are beginning to panic and feel we need to go to every week rehearsals (we usually just rehearse every other Friday morning).  When I told them I had Larkin on the Fridays we didn't rehearse, it was suggested that maybe she could come to the rehearsal... and so, she did.  And she was absolutely a gem!  Emily prepped her with a new activity book and crayons and told her she needed to be quiet and, by golly, she was as quiet as a mouse.  I figured to stay about an hour before she got restless but we actually stayed at rehearsal for an hour and forty-five minutes!  Wow.  


After lunch and nap, Steve and I took Larkin back to Ballwin where I gave piano lessons.  Then, we took photos of the kids in their Halloween costumes since it was their school Trunk-or-Treat that evening.  Larkin is a crazy cat lady, Lucy is Mal from "Descendents", Quinn is a scary pumpkin head, and Noah is Linguini from "Ratatouille".  So clever!






 



















All the sewing this week has allowed me to watch some movies:  The Sixth Sense, War Games, and Captain America-Civil War.  

No comments:

Post a Comment