We have a new living room window!!! Behold the before and after photos:
The seal was lost on our original window which caused the foggy look.
On Sunday, the 7th, Steve was released as a counselor in the Elder's Quorum presidency. And, we fed the new set of Elders assigned to our ward. We now have two sets of missionaries.
I finished the t-shirt quilt during the week - hooray! On Monday, the 8th, I got to deal with the help desk for Hewlett Packard regarding our printer. When we switched internet providers, the printer stopped talking to the laptop and, after an hour on the phone, we finally figured out why. The printer cannot talk in the 5G language of our fiberoptic internet. I had to call AT&T and have them create a 2.5G line for the printer. Then I had to call HP again. What a pain in the neck!
On Friday morning, Steve and I visited a family of two of my students, Ben and Maria. They recently built a new house and got a new puppy (a doodle named Nova) so I had to see both.
Kirsti, Ryan, Alice and Ivan arrived Friday evening! Saturday, I already had a previous commitment to run the Archway Refugee Connections booth at a Grand Market so that is where I was from 9:00 to 1:00. As usual, we didn't sell as much as I had hoped and I think this will be the last time we participate. Maliha was my helper and you can see her in the photo below. She also insisted on taking a photo with me in it. This Grand Market was supposed to be outside but it rained. In the photo with me, there is a basket with braided bracelets that was our biggest seller.
The Merrills stopped by the market in the morning and, in the afternoon, they spent time in Ballwin with the Southerlands so I took the opportunity to attend a senior recital of a young woman in our stake. She is a phenomenal cellist and, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree because her parents are also amazing musicians. Here she is performing with her mother and father. Aside from the Shostakovich cello concerto (which I dozed through), it was a lovely program.
Saturday evening, we all squeezed into our little TV room and watched Attack of the Clones (Star Wars episode 2) since Alice and Ivan have been working their way through the Star Wars movies.
Sunday afternoon, we had five of our seven children with us. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed dinner out on the deck. Avert your eyes from the peeling paint on a deck that was supposed to not need any more care over the years. Stupid paint. It was a really nice evening all together. We sorely missed Sarah and Julina...


.jpg)









No comments:
Post a Comment