Here is the family at our Easter dinner last Sunday...
We dined on the usual Easter fare - ham, potatoes supreme, asparagus or carrots (or a delicious artichoke au gratin - all veggies provided by Beckie), fresh pineapple and strawberry shortcake for dessert.
Monday was full of new things: a soundbar for our television (old one died. Thanks, Amazon), a better door handle/lock for our sliding glass door (old one died. Thanks, locksmith), and the promise of a new living room window. Home Depot came to get an accurate measurement. We won't have it installed for probably six to eight weeks, though. Here is what the window looks like now:
Tuesday I made $13.10 from four large bags of aluminum cans collected over the past five months. Woot!!! Orchestra was in the evening and, during the day, Steve and I splurged and went to a movie at a theater! We saw Project Hail Mary...I had read the book, Steve hadn't... and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. We bought the large refillable popcorn/beverage combo and that was our lunch! 😁 Good thing we don't do THAT very often! Another Tuesday accomplishment was that I applied for my passport renewal. Pricey!
Wednesday, the big event was a dentist appointment for both Steve and me in the afternoon. It was a routine cleaning but Steve also needed to discuss his bridge and crown that had failed. He will get another partial to take their place. More pricey. We enjoyed another episode of Star Trek- Discovery in the evening. Sally has been having doggie diarrhea again. Booo! Happily, we still have a few cans of the special prescription dogfood from Open Door to feed her.
Thursday morning, I mowed the back lawn and, in the afternoon there was another appointment - this time at Costco for my eye exam.
Friday morning we attended the temple and, in the evening, it was dress rehearsal for the Civic Orchestra with the concert on Saturday night. The performance went really well, I think. Here's the cello section, minus Nancy who was on the right of the photo, although you can see her cello. First stand is Emma and Jennifer, second stand is Jayne and me, third stand is Naomi and Kevin.
Speaking of concerts, I was not able to attend Larkin's strings concert mid-week but Emily sent me a photo of her. Isn't she adorable? Also, a picture of all four Southerland kids with their elementary orchestra teacher (Westridge Elementary)
Saturday morning, Steve and I got in a little bike ride around the neighborhood. At noon, we went to our friend's, the Bells, for dinner. Then, right before the concert, disaster struck. I was loading the little black purse I take for concerts (small enough to keep at my seat but large enough to hold keys and a driver's license) and I couldn't find my license!!!! The last time I had it in my hand was Thursday at Costco. We have looked high and low with no success. And, I am FLYING TO ARIZONA on Wednesday evening! I will get a temporary one tomorrow but getting through TSA is going to be a pain (and also pricey). I've done the research. Ugh! What will sweeten the ordeal is that I am in the middle of reading The Unselected Journals of Emma M. Lion. I am almost finished with book five. Next Sunday I will be in Arizona. Yay!





No comments:
Post a Comment