Wow, because I felt yucky for half of the month, May just slipped by! I wish I could say I am back to one hundred percent better but I am not. I had a chest x-ray done earlier in the week and my lungs are clear of pneumonia but not of the clear phlegm I am still coughing up off and on. And, right about noon each day, I start to feel slight body aches so that I need to take some ibuprofen and have a good nap. My nurse practitioner informs me that I will eventually feel completely better but it will take more than a few days. So, I just have to be patient and turn a blind eye to all the yardwork that needs to be done for another week or so. Sigh.
We had no Afghan refugee responsibilities this past week: Monday was the holiday and Thursday night English classes were cancelled because the church was getting all new flooring. We had church services today but the cultural hall was closed off to let the paint cure on the brand new hardwood flooring. The smell of the new carpet was pretty strong. Even without all the driving to and from the Welcome Center, we had the usual outings throughout the week - the temple and grocery store. And, Thursday morning, Steve needed to have bloodwork done up at Barnes Jewish Hospital which is close to Left Bank Books where I had a gift certificate to cash in (from Kirsti). I bought three books (with some of my personal money thrown in).
Steve and I have been plowing through season two of Star Trek Discovery but, going forward, we are going to limit ourselves to one show a week. I picked up four DVDs from the library on Friday but then discovered our DVD/BlueRay player is not working! Happily, it was on it's last legs when Steve watched his May movie, The Sound of Music, on Friday night.
We attended Larkin's dance recital Saturday afternoon. That young lady has an excellent sense of rhythm and she did a great job. I had not taken any ibuprofen so Steve and I left early so I could do so and go to bed. So, no photo of Larkin, darn it!
And, now June and summer is upon us.....
No comments:
Post a Comment