Well, it is now almost two weeks since I caught this cold virus and I am still not up to 100%. Thankfully, though, the awful sore throat is gone! I can swallow without wincing. However, as for the cough and congestion - I am still battling it. I have tried ALL sorts of treatments and meds - some prescription, some over the counter, and right now, I am taking a 4 hour cough syrup at night and sleeping propped up in bed. I do a nasal rinse three times a day. I suck on cough drops almost non-stop. the coughing fits come on unexpectedly and sometimes I can hardly catch my breath. I have no energy. I am not running a fever so I don't think I have pneumonia. Ugh.
But, life has to go on and so I still drove women to English class and women's group during the week. We still did grocery shopping. I still paid bills and taught music lessons. Beckie and I managed to take a short walk Thursday morning. On Friday, her wound doctor put her in a hard cast to prevent any weight going on the ball of her left foot. After it was put on, she had to stop by the house to borrow our cane because she feels so unsteady on her feet. Happily, she only had one shift of work that evening before she got to leave for a little vacation to Arkansas over the Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully, by the time she returns, she will have gotten better adjusted to walking. (she rode down to Kyle and Micah's with Charles and Jim and their two dogs).
Helping me get through my illness, I have enjoyed the entire first season of Monsters at Work (a Monster's Inc. spin-off on Disney+). It was delightful. Steve and I finished season one of Star Trek Discovery and have started in on season two. I read two lovely e-books called Pax, Journey Home and Theo of Golden. And, maybe I already wrote that I watched Spiderman, No Way Home to prep for the new movie coming out this summer.
Steve paid a visit to a pain doctor on Monday for his back. There are signs of arthritis above and below where he had is spinal surgery back in 2018. Physical Therapy is first, then they will see what is next. In spite of the pain he suffers, he still managed to mow the front lawn Monday morning which was a GOOD THING because we have had rain the rest of the week! So, even if I had any energy, I would not have been able to do the back lawn.
Some big events happened last weekend that I did not write about. Kirsti ran her first marathon! What an accomplishment and we are all so proud of her.
And, Steven and Julina celebrated birthdays last weekend. Steven turned 44 and Juli turned FIFTY!
Steve and I are currently in Indiana for a belated birthday celebration with Juli and Alex. We got to attend the temple yesterday morning. And, we had a fun game of Qwirkle (sans Alex) last night. Photo #1 shows a fairly somber duo until I told them to smile for photo #2. Pretty funny contrast...



I’d call it “thoughtful” looks…
ReplyDelete